It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a…flying dog?!
Yes, there’s a first time for everything, and in this case, the flying dog is a BASE-jumping pooch named Whisper.
NBC Bay Area is reporting that Whisper recently accomplished a 13,000 foot free fall from a cliff face on the Eiger in Switzerland with his owner. That would be Dean Potter, who describes himself on his Youtube channel as a “famous rock climber, high-liner and human flyer.”
Whisper made the plunge with his owner, who wore a wing suit, while riding “shotgun” nestled in a backpack.
Check out the video here:
Whisper is a Queensland Heeler who is afraid of vacuums but not, apparently, of heights. She and Potter live a simple life in a teepee in Yosemite National Park. No word on if they will upgrade to posher digs now that this Whisper is achieving celebrity status.
We can’t wait to see what’s next for this high-flying canine…perhaps a doggie park on Mount Everest?
– Lauren Chiong, KNCI/Sacramento
More Stories You May Like:
- 6-Foot Lizard Is No Match For This Quick-Thinking Waitress [Video]
- ▶️️ Justin Hartley Talks About Jack’s Upcoming Death On ‘This Is Us’
- A Look Inside This Year’s Academy Awards “Swag Bags”
- Keith Urban’s Stripped Down Take On “The Fighter” Is Everything [Video]
- Sacramento Area Renters, Get Ready For Another Price Hike