It’s National Margarita Day–that frozen concoction that first helped Jimmy Buffett– and then, most of the rest of us–hold on (fun fact: he’s said he wrote that song in less than 20 minutes). Here it is, to put you in the right frame of mind for the rest of this blog.
While you can find one just about anywhere, the customer-review site Foursquare lists these following five places as the best reviewed for tasty margaritas in Sacramento.
1. Zocalo, Capitol and 18th—They say try the blackberry margarita. I have. I agree.
2. Tres Hermanas, K between 24th and 25th—This sounds good: their margaritas feature chipotle salt.
3. Azul Mexican food and Tequila bar, between J and K on 20th—Foursquare lists a “tamarin” margarita…meaning it is either named after a type of small, furry primate, or it’s a typo and their specialty is actually a tamarind margarita, which would mean it’s made with nectar from the tropical tamarind plant. Either way, it’s their most-raved about drink so yeah, you should try it.
4. Tequila Museo, 12th and K—The watermelon margarita is highly recommended. Bonus points: no seeds.
5. Centro Cocina, 28th and J—The pineapple-habanero margarita is the right combination of fruit, and fire.
These are just five places within Sacramento’s city limits, and while we’re sure there are a ton of other great variations from Elverta to Elk Grove, the one thing we know for sure…and we know Mr. Buffett would agree….the best margarita is always the one sitting right in front of you. Enjoy!