You know country music has officially arrived when four of the Forbes top ten money-making music tours of 2016 came from our format.
Yep. The man playing Golden 1 Center Thursday night came in 5th, earning a gross of just over 834,000 per show. Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood’s tandem tour pulled in $748,000 per show for 6th place, while Blake Shelton came in at number 7 and Carrie again, on her own, placed 8th.
Used to be it was unusual to see a country name on this list that wasn’t Garth Brooks, Shania Twain or George Strait. Man, how things have changed!
Here is the official top ten list.
1) Guns N’ Roses ($5 Million)
2) Justin Bieber ($1.6 Million)
3) Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.4 Million)
4) Stevie Nicks ($898,000)
5) Eric Church ($835,000)
6) Keith Urban & Carrie Underwood ($748,000)
7) Blake Shelton ($719,000)
8) Carrie Underwood ($713,000)
9) Maxwell & Mary J. Blige ($711,000)
10) Green Day ($657,000)