This weekend the Amgen Tour of California is happening, and that means you can watch some of the best cyclists race for the glory and to help improve the lives of cancer patients.
The first stage of the race actually started today, but Saturday the cyclists will make their way to Elk Grove and then into Sacramento on Sunday. Obviously some roads will be closed both of those days, and throughout the weekend as well.
According to KCRA, Elk Grove closures from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. include:
- Elk Grove Florin Road from Valley Oak Lane to East Stockton Boulevard
- Valley Oak Ln from Elk Grove Florin Road to East Stockton Boulevard
- E Stockton Boulevard from Valley Oak Lane to Grant Line Road
- Grant Line Road from Waterman Road to Hwy 99
- Kammerer Road from Lent Ranch Parkway to Highway 99
- Promenade Parkway/West Stockton Boulevard from Kammerer Road to Laguna Grove Drive
- Whitelock Parkway from West Stockton Boulevard to Franklin Boulevard
- Franklin Boulevard from Blossom Ridge Drive to Bilby Road
- Big Horn Boulevard at Whitelock Parkway
- Bruceville Road at Terrazzo Drive to Poppy Ridge Road
- Highway 99 on ramps and off ramps at Grant Line/Kammerer roads will also be shut down
The Sacramento Bee shares the following closures for Sacramento:
Road closures will begin near the Capitol on 10th Street on Friday. L Street portions of the course will be closed on Saturday, and the entire circuit will be closed for most of Sunday. Rolling road closures will occur along the rest of the course on Sunday.
Sac Bee also lists the best places to watch in Sacramento:
- The finish line
- Any circuit corner
- Tower Bridge
- Intermediate sprint
You can get interactive maps of each stage at SacBee.com as well.