I don’t know if you’re ready for this. No one wants to hear their favorite drink is making them plump, but there’s a chance that’s the case. Not that we didn’t already know alcohol has a lot of calories! Obviously, moderation is key. But in case you needed the reminder, here are the best and worst drinks for your waistline…
13. Beer, Pale Ale (HIGHEST CALORIES): 175 calories for 12 ounces (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale)
12. Beer, Lager: 170 calories for 12 ounces (Sam Adams Boston Lager)
11. Wine, Red: 160 calories for 5 ounces (Cabernet Sauvignon from France)
10. Wine, White: 160 calories for 5 ounces (German Auclese Riesling)
9. Hard Apple Cider: 150 calories for 12 ounces (Angry Orchard Crisp Apple)
8. Tequila: 104 calories for 1.5 ounces (Jose Cuervo Gold)
7. Whiskey: 104 calories for 1.5 ounces (Jack Daniels)
6. Vodka: 101 calories for 1.5 ounces (Absolute Vodka)
5. Wine, Rosé: 100 calories for 5 ounces (Echo Falls)
4. Champagne: 100 calories for 3.4 ounces (Moet Champagne)
3. Gin: 97 calories for 1.5 ounces (Hendrick’s Gin)
2. Beer, Light: 96 calories for 12 ounces (Miller Lite)
1. Rum: 96 calories in 1.5 ounces (Bacardi Superior)
Keep in mind, the hard liquors don’t include the soda or juices you usually mix with! I feel plump now and will only be drinking champagne from here on out.
Follow Cody on Twitter.
Follow Cody on Instagram.
Follow Cody on Facebook.