According to an article that first appeared in DontWasteYourMoney.com, Disneyland ticket prices have almost doubled in the past decade, increasing by a whopping 70 percent in the past 10 years. But, we all know that ticket prices aren’t enough to stop the most devoted Disney fans.
And neither are rising wait times. Nearly all of the most popular rides at Disneyland have seen an increase in queues in the past couple of years. You can actually see the average wait times and increases here.
So, what are some ways you can maximize your money and time when you visit the happiest place on earth? The LA Times compiled a ton of tips (which is what I am sharing with you) based on data gathered by Touring Plans.
- For starters, go to the park in January or September, and plan your trip for a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- Do NOT go on a holiday, especially Christmas. It is the worst, but Thanksgiving isn’t too far behind. July is packed, too.
- The park opens at 8:00 AM, and if you’re bringing kids, you know they’ll already be awake and jazzed so take advantage of the morning when wait times are shorter (before 10:00 am).
- On that note, go to the popular rides during this time because they might have the longest queue, but they will get EVEN LONGER as it gets later in the day and more people show up.
- Get a Fast Pass.
- If you have an uneven number of people, use that single ride line. Or, just have everyone get into the single ride line if everyone is old enough to ride alone. We are talking a savings of 50 minutes sometimes.