Woman Accidentally Lit Apartment On Fire Trying To Kill Bug

Who knew one little bug could cause so much damage!

According to Kron 4, a woman in Kansas was attempting to kill a bug with a lighter when she accidentally set her entire apartment on fire!

Monique Quarles told The Topeka Capital-Journal that when she used the lighter, sparks flew out and lit a nearby mattress on fire. The mattress-fire then spread to the rest of the apartment after Quarles was unable to put it out.

At that point, she left her unit to alert other residents that they needed to evacuate. The fire proceeded to cause $140,000 of damage and sent one person to the hospital for minor smoke inhalation. Fire officials have also confirmed that nineteen people, including six children, have now been displaced due to the accident.

For more information, you can head right here.

More from Topher
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From New Country 105.1 FM - KNCI-FM Sacramento

Get The App
Follow Us On Facebook

Listen Live