Health Officials Warn Copper Moscow Mule Mugs Can Cause Food Poisoning

If you’re a fan of the popular Moscow Mule cocktail, you might want to make sure you’re drinking from a safe glass…..

According to CBS Sacramento, health officials in Iowa are warning that the copper mugs the cocktail is often served in could cause food poisoning if made improperly.

Sweet as a peach. 🍑

A post shared by Moscow Mule (@the.moscow.mule) on

Copper can leach into food and drink of it comes into contact with acidic substances, such as the Moscow Mule itself. Copper poisoning can then lead to stomach pain, vomiting, yellow skin, and diarrhea.

Luckily, copper mugs usually contain and inner layer of metal that protects the drink from coming in contact with the copper.

To learn more, head right here!

More from Topher
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From New Country 105.1 FM - KNCI-FM Sacramento

Get The App
Follow Us On Facebook

Listen Live