San Joaquin County Issues Warning After Parasite Outbreak In Water

 

This weekend, dozens of residents in San Joaquin County were sickened after swallowing contaminated water in pools, lakes and rivers. According to CBS 13, microscopic parasites called cryptosporidium are the culprits behind the outbreak.

Sickness occurs when people swallow the contaminated water, however it can be spread from person to person by people who don’t wash their hands and then come in contact with others through shaking hands, preparing food, serving other etc.

Much like the recent outbreak of norovirus in the area, one key action that can reduce spread is frequent hand washing.

Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, fever and more.

 

Follow Jenna Rae on Facebook
Follow Jenna Rae on Twitter
Follow Jenna Rae on Instagram

 

 

More from Jenna Rae
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Listen Live