Along with Texas trio Midland, Carly Pearce is headlining our next Nashville in the Neighborhood, October 25th at Dave’s Pumpkin Patch in West Sacramento. So, before you see her, it’d be a good idea to get to know her. Here are five fast things from Billboard.com and other sources about Carly Pearce you need to know. Ok, maybe not need, but you get the idea.
5) Bluegrass in her blood. Carly was raised in Kentucky and raised on bluegrass music. She joined her first bluegrass band when she was 11 and credits the experience for learning to harmonize. Touring the group also helped acclimate her to different kinds of audiences–she tells Billboard.com she once played an all-boys prison.
4) Speaking of performing. She honed her stage skills at Dollywood, where she would perform five days a week, up to six shows a day. “Everything from June Carter to Taylor Swift”, she told Billboard.com
3) She knows real work, too. While she was waiting for her music career to take off, she paid bills working as a housekeeper for AirBnB.
2) Every Little Thing almost never was. She says her debut single, which she wrote in 45 minutes and just reached #11 on the charts this week, was passed on by several different labels before Big Machine took notice and signed her.
1) Her first taste of chart success actually happened back in 2016 when a duet with Texas musician Josh Abbott broke through the country top 40 charts and topped out at number 37. Check out the video and see if you remember it.