After taking a break from being on the road in 2017, Kenny Chesney has announced he plans on touring starting early next year.
He said in an interview with Rolling Stone:
“I’m pretty sure we’re going to do a big tour in 2018 and you just can’t wait until February of 2018 to set that up. The second half of the year I’ll be mentally busy prepping for ‘18, but the first half I’m going to be doing some shows and I’m hoping to be creative in some way.”
The rumors about the upcoming tour, courtesy of Country Music News Blog, are that the tour will be called “Trip Around the Sun Tour” and potential stops are as follows:
- April 21st – Raymond James Stadium – Tampa, FL
- June 2nd – Heinz Field – Pittsburgh, PA
- June 9th – Lincoln Financial Field – Philadelphia, PA
- June 30th – Sports Authority Field – Denver, CO
- July 14th – Arrowhead Stadium – Kansas City, MO
- August 4th – Nissan Stadium – Nashville, TN
There are apparently over 50 additional tour locations that have yet to be announced.